I totally fell for this Hearty Farro & Veggie Salad with homemade lemon vinegarette dressing when it was served as a side dish at a friend’s luncheon. I just had to share the recipe with you! It’s so packed with nutrients it can really be a complete a meal!
First cook the farro:
- Cook the Farro according to the directions on the package (usually 1 cup of farro to 1 cup of water)
- While the Farro is cooking, make the salad dressing (scroll down).
- When the Farro is done, pour some of the dressing over the warm Farro so that it will soak up the flavors.
- 1 cup Asparagus
- 1 cup Green beans
- 1/2 cup Corn (defrosted frozen corn works fine)
- Preheat the oven to 415º F.
- Place veggies on a sheet pan (I used 1 sheet pan for asparagus and 1 sheet pan for green beans and corn). Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper (and lemon zest if you want – see below).
- Cook for 7-10 minutes. I check on the veggies halfway through to make sure they are not overcooked.
- Cut the veggies into bite sized pieces.
The yummy lemon vinegarette
- Minced clove of garlic
- Zest of half of a Lemon (you can use the other half of the zest on asparagus if you want)
- Juice of one Lemon
- Apple cider vinegar (similar proportion to lemon juice)
- 1 spoonful of Dijon mustard
- Olive oil (I don’t like a lot of olive oil, so I usually aim for 1/3 lemon, 1/3 vinegar, and 1/3 olive oil. I don’t really measure, so it’s all based on the lemon. A standard vinaigrette is normally half and half, so it’s really up to you)
- Salt and pepper
- I put all the ingredients in a mason jar and then shake to combine, but you can also just stir in a bowl with a whisk.
Or just buy a lemon vinegarette!