We love this veggie-filled dip from celebrity nutritionist Joy Bauer’s Yummy Yoga book as a quick and healthy after school snack or a fiber-rich addition to Taco Night! This unique book matches recipes kids can make (and eat!) and whimsical illustrations of produce doing yoga poses, making it a fun activity while learning to cook in addition to staying active and healthy!
For more from Joy, check out new Amazon Live show, at www.amazon.com/shop/JoyBauer(click “follow” for showtime alerts and info). She does an interactive cooking show every Tuesday at 7pm ET/4pm PT!
Makes about 2 cups
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
1 to 2 cups broccoli florets
2 ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
½ cup chopped tomatoes
2 to 4 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
2 tablespoons lime juice
½ teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
1 garlic clove, finely chopped (optional)
Black pepper (optional)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Steam, microwave, or boil the broccoli in a small amount of water until it’s very soft. Drain off all water.
- Place the broccoli and avocados in a mixing bowl and mash with a fork until smooth.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, onion, lime juice, and salt. Add the cilantro and garlic to the bowl if you wish. Mix until well combined. Season with a bit of additional salt and a sprinkle of pepper to taste.
- Serve with raw broccoli florets, baby carrots, bell pepper sticks, or whole-grain crackers, and start dipping!
* This recipe ariginally appeared on The Local Moms Network. We love our parent company!