The last few years those fluffy, magical snowflakes fall less and less so when Chicagoland gets a good snow, it’s time to hit the hills! Chicago North Shore Moms compiled a local list for every age and we update it every year (updated as of 1/1/23)! Gear up & go!
- Lake Bluff: Blair Park Sled Hill, 355 W. Washington (all ages)
- Highland Park: Danny Cunniff Park (The hill at Centennial Ice Arena) 3100 Trail Way (age 8+)
- Northbrook: Techny Prairie Park & Fields, Northbrook 1750 Techny Rd, recommended age 6+ (parking and official sledding hill with stairs)
- Northbrook: Wood Oaks Green Park, Northbrook
1062-, 1198 Sanders Rd, recommended age 7+
- Glenview: Flick Park, 3600 Glenview Road, recommended age 2-5 (this hill even has lights for night sledding)
- Glenview: Johns Park, 2101 Central Road, recommended age 2-5
- Deerfield: Brickyards Park, Deerfield 375 Elm St, recommended age 2-5
- Glencoe: The hill across from Watts Ice Center, 305 Randolph St
recommended age, best for little ones
- Winnetka: TEMPORARILY CLOSED DUE TO CONSTRUCTION IN 2023: The hill behind Winnetka Ice Arena 490 Hibbard Rd.
recommended age 2-5. *Bonus – they also have a great outdoor rink if you’re a resident!
- Evanston: Lovelace Park, Gross Point & Isabella, recommended age 2-6
- Evanston: James Park (a.k.a. Mount Trashmore), skiing, snowboarding and sledding are prohibited at the large 65′ hill but there are plenty of surrounding hills to hit. Ages 5+
- Buffalo Grove: The Willow Stream Park. Ages 5+ (The most convenient place to park is at the north entrance (Farrington Drive) near the pool. The sledding hill is lighted at the top.)
Last but not least and worth the day jaunt: Wilmot Mountain Ski Resort (ages 5+)
**Please exercise caution when sledding – some hills are very fast and hidden bumps pose a danger to injury. These are simply recommended ages! We encourage everyone have fun and be safe. Yes, you grownups, too!*
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook for more helpful North Shore resources and local features! Want to ice skate? Visit our North Shore Public Ice Skating list.