Businesses, would you like to add your event to our public calendar? Go HERE and fill out the calendar request form.
- This event has passed.
Red Cross Blood Drive
May 3 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING DURING THE PANDEMIC- BLOOD IS NEEDED!
A blood drive is an essential activity, as outlined by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It is an imperative part of community health and public preparedness plans to maintain blood collection during this challenging time to ensure patient survival.
NO TRANSMISSION BY BLOOD
There have been no reported cases of any respiratory virus being transmitted by blood, including this
coronavirus (COVID-19). Donating blood is a safe process and people should not hesitate to give blood.
The Red Cross always employs thorough safety protocols to help prevent the spread of any type of
infection. In response to COVID-19, we’ve implemented additional precautionary methods, including but
not limited to:
• All donors are temperature-screened before being permitted into the blood drive. If bodily temperature
is above 99.5°F, the donor is asked to donate another time instead
• All Red Cross staff are asked to check their temperature before presenting to work, and will not to
report for work if they are showing any symptoms or test above 99.5°F
• Blood donors are asked to use hand sanitizer before and during the donation process
• Staff wear gloves throughout the donation process, changing gloves between every donor
• Donor beds are sanitized between every donor
• We’re implementing medically-recommended space between donors wherever possible.
• Each day we assess the need and opportunity to enhance our precautions; We will always put the
safety of our volunteer partners and staff first.