Businesses, would you like to add your event to our public calendar? Go HERE to and fill out the calendar request form.
Healthy Kids Day 5k Walk/Run (Virtual & In-person)
April 24 @ 8:00 am - 10:30 pm
- Two races will be held at 8:00 and 9:00 am. Each race will have a maximum of 75 runners/walkers with staggered start times (9:00, 9:05…) based on a participant’s race pace. Race pace is how many minutes it takes a participant to run or walk one mile. For example, if it takes 10 minutes to run one mile then the race pace would be 10 minutes per mile.
- Participants will be assigned a corral (start time) based on their stated race pace. Each corral will have a minimum of 10 participants. Participants will be socially distanced at the start line. Participants should not show up more than 10 minutes prior to their assigned start time.
- Temperature checks and verbal health screenings will be done on all participants and staff prior to the event. Hand sanitizer and handwashing station will also be available.
- Face masks must be worn before and after the race. Masks are NOT required while running/walking and can be removed. Masks will be worn by all staff/volunteers for the duration of the event. Disposable masks will be provided to all runners who attend without their own.
- Water stations will not be permitted on the race route and water will only be provided at the end of the race. Participants that need water during the race should bring a pre-filled water bottle.
- Vendor tables will not be permitted and all vendor items will be placed in goodie bags.
- All race participants must leave at the completion of the race. In-person winners will be announced via Facebook the day of the race and all race results (virtual & in-person) will be provided on nsymca.org by Sunday, April 25th.